Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

VERY BUSY BEACH WEEKEND

We have never seen the Peninsual as busy as it was this weekend. On the beach, the cars, traffic and beach-goers had to share space with the Sargasso Grass (sea weed, to most folks). We drove our "Gulf" cart a couple of miles on the beach last evening and - on the go, I snapped these photos:

Here is a sampling of the flags flying - and for sale.


Riding double of a calm horse on the beach. Can it get much better?


You see all types of beachwear.


Some of the better flag scenes.

Great kite-flying weather!


I never saw anyone either playing or signing up. Maybe the $500 was just a gag.


Some folks erected shades and screens for comfort.


I swear! We were traveling fast, in our beach cart.
I was amazed to see this shot, but it is not unusual!


It is wonderful to see so many families with young children
enjoying the sand and water.


There were many dogs accompanying their families,
but this one was the only one that posed for me.


Unusual to see these sand castles still intact, with so much traffic.

As far as the eye can see - more cars, more people, more pickups, more beach carts, more kids, etc., etc.
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY MEMORIES

1 comment:

  1. Great post. There are so many people with flags and beach carts. I try to avoid the beach on Memorial Day weekend so I have never seen anything like this. You took great pictures! I would love to go horse back riding on a beach. Looks like a great time, maybe I should hit the beach this Memorial Day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete