Search This Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

CHURCH OF A DIFFERENT SHAPE

This Lutheran church on Long Island was a source of much interest to both my husband and me. He recently ran across this shot and asked me to share it on this picture blog. Here it is:

This  35 mm slide was taken in 1983.

Matt. 4:19
And He saith unto them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” King James Bible (Cambridge Edition).

“Follow me,” he told them, “and I will make you fishers of people!” International Standard Version (2012)

Mark 1:17
And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men. King James Bible (Cambridge Edition)

“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” New International Version (2011)

And when he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” And Simon answered, “Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets.” And when they had done this, they enclosed a large number of fish, and their nets were breaking. English Standard Version

 

No comments:

Post a Comment