Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

WHITE IBIS CONVENTION


Two days ago, I rode my bike to the canal on a road not maintained and hardly used. Much to my surprise I saw a flock of White Ibis. I was so sorry I didn't have my camera. So today, I went back to the same place. Unbelievably they were there again - just like the other day! So I parked my bike on the side of the road and walked very slowly so as not to spook them, taking pictures all the way.
 
Here are the best of the best that I could get with my Kodak Easyshare!
 
 
The is an immature bird, but beatiful nonetheless.
It rained a bit last night; the puddles must hold treasures.
Every now and then I heard one or two of them mutter something in bird talk.
Those long curved beaks must be just right for them - according to God's plan.
That truck is parked at the end of the road right at the canal. The bushes you see are on the other side.
Fishing is a major activity here on Bolivar Peninsula.

No comments:

Post a Comment