Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Introduction to my photos of German churches

Since churches play a large role in our lives, I've been asked to post pictures of the the churches we saw and which had great meaning for us when we were in Germany in 2011.
Many of them are alike, but each is unique in its own way.

I'll begin by reminding you of the steeples and what they "said."

Generally, we could tell if the church was Lutheran or Reformed by the type of bird flying above.

Swans, for the most part, were atop the Lutheran churches.

This goose isn't on any steeple, but perches precariously on a pole above a dike not far from where we lived, Loquard, my husband's grandfather's village.
Roosters can usually be seen on the weathervane above Reformed churches.

I recall a rooster was on the top of my home church's steeple  -  Not a Reformed church, but close!
Throughout our trip, we were in or viewed mostly Reformed Church steeples.

This guy looks so happy to see the morning. The artist who designed it must have been thinking of Easter morning.













Back on Friday, May 20, 2011, I posted "The Steeple Tells the Tale - Maybe." You may want to go back to see it again.







No comments:

Post a Comment