Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Columbus Ships, Revisited


I glanced to my right one day sitting at my computer, when I noticed some interesting ships on the canal behind our house. At first I thought they were shrimp boats. But on closer examination, my husband said, "No! Those are the Columbus Ships!"

Left: The Pinta, Right: the Nina
 If you look closely, you will see the two ships motoring down the Intercoastal Waterway. Perhaps they are going to New Orleans or some other port where they will be open for inspection by tourists.

Since we have no deck on the north side of our home, I took these shots from our deck, leaning over the side and pointing to the North.
Highway 87 is visible along with the power lines.
We still have some bare spots in the field right behind our house
left over from the effects of Hurricane Ike.
The Nina

The Pinta

1 comment: