Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

CORONA DEL MAR, CA - 1963

It's a long, long road trip from Iowa to the Pacific Ocean. Our little girls were two and four years old. We house-sat for friends. This was our first time at a beach. We chose Corona Del Mar.

We were amazed at the palm trees - seeming to grow everywhere. You don't see palm trees in Iowa.


This view of the beach and parking area shows off both sailboats and old cars. Of course, they weren't old then!

 
There must have been a place above the beach where these pictures were taken.

 
My husband had the camera and took most of these photos, but I have no idea how he got this one.

 
But he was surprised at this skimpy bathing suit. (We had never seen a bikini before.) He told me that he had "shot from the hip" to remain nonchalant. That's the reason for the blurring, I'm sure.

 
I took this shot, but I cropped out their father who was sitting beside them, shirtless and burning. It was on this day that he developed sun poisoning and since has had to be very careful in the sun.


Wait! Who in the world would go to the beach in a long dress with rollers in her hair!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment