Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

OTHER INTERESTING SPECIMENS AT THE BIRD SANCTUARY

This spider was as big as my hand. I was told it was a banana spider by my son. (2007)

In the sun, they are much, much prettier! (2007)
This is as close as I have come to an aligator in Texas. Close enough! (2011)
Lying in wait for an egg to fall or a turtle to get too close. (2011)
I couldn't tell head from tail here. (2011)
(2007) I called this guy a "mud spider" but I don't know its real name. He was just down in this mud hole, begging me to take his picture.

And you thought that tree fungus was only on old trees in the Alaskan forest.... (2007)

Mine is not to question why.....            (2011)

This looks like curly tree fungus. (2007)



This beautiful Tanenger was taken in 2007 with my old camera. This year we saw no small birds.      

All photos taken at the Smith Oaks Bird Sanctuary in High Island, Texas by Jean E. Straatmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment